Wednesday, March 26, 2008

80's movies

Okay it's Jamie, chiming in on 80's movies.This story is sort of convoluted but I promise it makes sense in theend. The evening before last, I was at the dog park like usual, andit was completely frozen over from warm daytime temps and nighttimefreezing (just like lubbock sometimes). So, I have on my studdedsnow tire shoes and there are these two rather large women that keepsliding down this small hill on their tennis shoes - by the time Igot to them, they were on all fours.....So, one at a time, I pullthese two up the hill, using my feet for their only traction.So, yesterday morning, I get up and go to Fred Meyer's to shop, andI'm standing in the veggie section minding my own business when I geta pinched nerve in my lower back. I have had this happen oncebefore, and I literally become paralyzed. SO,my boyfriend had tocome get me and now I'm stuck at home in bed for a couple of days -NOW _ here comes the movie part - I was watching Netflix online allday and I watched, from start to finish, "The Karate Kid" from 1984.I forgot how much I liked Mr. Miyagi, and for a few brief moments, Ifelt the old attraction to 15 year old Ralph Macchio start to kickin. Then I just felt inappropriate.....

No comments: