Wednesday, March 26, 2008

There's a Bear in My Tree

Hey everybody - I feel kinda funny - like I'm posting too much stuff onhere - if you guys are sick of it let me know - but I had to tellsomebody.....there's a bear in my tree.I live in an apartment complex now , all city slicker like inAnchorage - we have four big buildings with yards in between them -with REALLY tall trees. Well today, one of my neighbors and myselfwere out chatting while our dogs were in the "dog area" and we happenedto look up and notice that a black bear had gotten scared all the wayup a tree. He was just probably nosing around the trash in the parkinglot last night and someone scared him because he went so far up thistree he's too scared to come down.Animal Control knows he's there (somebody called them) and they saidjust to leave him alone and he'll probably come down tonight- afterdark - he's just a little guy - 200 pounds or so. He's just out thereswinging and swaying back and forth in the breeze - it's pretty coolreally, and if I hadn't just accidentally crushed the lens of mydigital camera, I would take a picture for everybody, but I hope mydescription was good enough.

No comments: